Thursday, September 10, 2009

Delirium Tremens Glass Night!

2009.09.09
It was a comfortable summer evening at the saucer when Gina, an old highschool friend, came in to town to celebrate here 30th Birthday and introduced me to Delirium Tremens while at the Saucer. It was during the start of my beer snobbery and I loved (as I do often now) new beer to explore. I loved the beer, and my wife took special notice to the glass. As a fan of elephants she loved the glass and wanted one right away. When we inquired to the availability, there were none to spare. It was recommended that we come to glass night to get our hands on one (or three in our case, sorry Show-Me-Beer I would have ordered you one if I had known).




Belgian Strong Pale Ale _ 8.5%
A: A nice clear golden color with soft white foamy head that laces nicely as you drink it.
S: Smells of sour dough bread, tart green apples, and a hint of mild spice.
T: There is a bit of bite from the carbonation in the front with a nice tranforming flavor. It would travel to the middle of your tongue with the tart apple fruitiness and then finish by reaching the back corners of your tongue with a cherry lace.
B: Light in body, but that changed with the temperature. As it warmed it grew bigger and more enjoyable.
D: You can have a few of these but I would recommend taking your time as Belgian Beers are meant to be sipped; this wasn't tapped from the rockies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Babbles