Saturday, September 10, 2011

Las Vegas

In general, I found Vegas to be miserably HOT during the day, smokey all over and rude. Every drip of sweat I felt seeping from my body seamed to evaporate before it ever formed on my skin. Every corner was filled with 5+ card flippers (you know what I mean if you've been there) and well, lets just bunch the rest in to "lots of stuff to see". While on the strip, good beer was next to nothing in supply, we did find a boutique shop on the second floor of the Cosmopolitan (Douche Bag Central) which sold Chimay blue and Dogfish Head 90, score! I got a 90 and my wife decided she wanted a Chimay. You can manage a $5 90 minute from a bottle but not a $8 Chimay blue. I decided she required a glass, so my best option seemed to be to purchase a cognac glass for her so that she could properly enjoy her monk brewed beverage. If you're in a pinch, that's what I would recommend. We made a stop there every trip down the strip (both directions). The Cabo Waborita's were incredible as well, I think I managed 4 during our 4 day visit.

There were two places I heard about to visit for beer retail while in Vegas. Khoury's which I heard was a bit small but didn't verify Total Wine & More which was conveniently located on the way back from Hoover Dam. Total had The BRUERY, DOGFISHHEAD and MAUI which was all I could fit in to my suitcase for the trip home. TOTAL was worth the stop and had plenty to choose from.


Obviously, some goodies for the "Wifey" as well. I know we can get Cherish here in town but I haven't seen Raspberry and she wanted to bring some back. Why not.



Some good info I needed when packing our bags... SHIPPING WEIGHT

12oz can = .8lbs

12oz bottle = 1.3lbs

22oz bomber = 3lbs

750ml champagne style bottle = 4lbs

I owe Vegas one more stop, to see the Grand Canyon for a photo trip. It will be after the children are big enough that they can't fall asleep and leave me to carry them the rest of the way to any destination. See you in no less than 10 years Vegas, anything sooner is too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Babbles