Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The "GOOD MORNING" Holiday Mead Foul

I recently revisited the Mead incedent in the Fiegl household through a conversation with someone. I should cover the basics for fun here.

Generous Matt Spencer had created Mead a few years back, and handed them out to friends during the holiday party at the Isenburgs. I remember requesting one that was carbonated and being told to let it age for a bit. During this time, we (my brother Nick and I) had been refinishing the bedroom that Nick would later be bedding in. During this renovation period (extended I might add) Nick had been sleeping on the floor in a sleeping bag in the living room as I recall. I imagine it was one morning in the middle of January I seem to remember waking up to Nick in the other room with some foul language and confusion. Apparently, the Mead had been tired of waiting to be enjoyed and decided to create some excitement itself by popping the cork, shooting across the room, and blasting my brother in the face. This was followed by a nice spray of mead from the kitchen to my brother in the living room.

I must say, it was no fun to clean but it's a great story!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Babbles